Over the weekend, Oracle announced two new Critical Issues for Exadata Storage Server (EX23 and EX24), both impacting version 184.108.40.206.
Both the new Critical Issues can be patched by either applying the one-off patch 21251493 or by upgrading the Exadata Storage Server software to 220.127.116.11.2.
Critical Issue EX23
Affects Exadata Storage Server 18.104.22.168.0 and 22.214.171.124.1
Bug 21174310 – wrong results, ORA-1438 errors or other internal errors (ORA-00600 and ORA-07445) are possible from smart scan offloaded queries against HCC or OLTP compressed tables stored on Exadata storage if:
- Exadata Storage Server is version 126.96.36.199.0 or 188.8.131.52.1 AND
- Oracle Database was upgraded from 11.2 to 12.1 AND
- A smart scan offloaded query is issued against an OLTP compressed table or an HCC table containing OLTP compressed blocks
The workaround is to recreate the table.
The recommended action is to upgrade to Exadata Storage Server software version 184.108.40.206.2 (or higher).
Alternatively, apply patch 21251493 to Exadata Storage Servers running version 220.127.116.11.1. Note that patch 21251493 contains additional fixes required to resolve other critical issues.
MOS 2032464.1 has additional details.
Critical Issue EX24
Affects Exadata Storage Server 18.104.22.168.1
After replacing a failed system disk (disk 0 or disk 1), the new disk is not correctly configured leaving the system vulnerable to the other system disk failing. The likelihood of occurrence is high when running Exadata version 22.214.171.124.1 and a failed system disk is replaced.
The workaround is to follow the instructions in MOS 2003674.1.
Alternatively, apply Patch 21251493 to Exadata Storage Servers running version 126.96.36.199.1. Note that patch 21251493 contains additional fixes required to resolve other critical issues.
MOS 2032402.1 has additional details.
- Bug 21174310 – Wrong results or ORA-1438 errors possible from smart scan offloaded queries against HCC or OLTP compressed tables stored on Exadata storage (Doc ID 2032464.1)
- Important Fixes Required for System Disk Replacement on Exadata Storage Servers Running Version 188.8.131.52.1 (Doc ID 2032402.1)
- Exadata Storage Software 184.108.40.206.0 and 220.127.116.11.1 System Disk Replacement Issues (Doc ID 2003674.1)
- Exadata Critical Issues (Doc ID 1270094.1)
- Patch 21251493